TheKingofCartoons
2020-05-08T19:37:28Z
[mickey] We all know that Disney has become one of the most biggest and important companies in the world of animation as it exists in the fandom nowadays, but since Disney bought a lot of properties like Star Wars, The Simpsons, Pixar, Marvel Universe, and even National Geographic, here is a list of Non-Disney things for the Disney+ streaming service that Disney might be able to purchase all the rights from other companies by the following.
  • Pokémon (anime) Seasons 1-23

• Yo-Kai Watch (anime)

• Astro Boy (All 60's, 80's, and 2003 anime series)

• 3 animated Super Mario TV shows (Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Adventures of Super Mario 3, and Super Mario World)

• 4 Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons (Adventures of Sonic, 1993 Saturday Morning Sonic show, Sonic Underground, and Sonic X)

• Digimon (anime) Seasons 1-5

• Princess Knight (60's anime)

• Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies (If Disney could get their hand to actually purchase the rival company along with DC Comics and Harry Potter franchise altogether)

• The Paramount Fleischer/Famous Studios cartoon library (Popeye, Superman, Gulliver's Travels 1939, Mr. Bug Goes to Town, Betty Boop, Little Lulu, Casper the Friendly Ghost, Noveltoons, etc.)

• Cartoon Network shows (Teen Titans 2003, Teen Titans Go!, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Cow and Chicken, etc.)

• Nickelodeon shows (Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Spongebob, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Fairly OddParents, Dora the Explorer, etc.)

• Tom & Jerry (MGM cartoon series along with Droopy, Barney Bear, Happy Harmonies, Tex Avery cartoons, and other MGM cartoon series)

• Dr. Seuss animated specials by DePatie-Freleng Enterprises and Chuck Jones

• Hanna Barbera shows (Yogi Bear, Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, Wacky Races, etc.)

• The Smurfs (1981 cartoon)

• Paul Terry's Terrytoons series (Mighty Mouse, Heckle and Jeckle, Deputy Dawg, etc.)

• Mr. Magoo and other UPA cartoon short films

• Transformers animated series (1985-present)

• ThunderCats (both 1985 and 2011 series)

• He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (80's series)

• She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (Netflix version)

• Inspector Gadget (1983 series)

• Gadget and the Gadgetinis

• The Pink Panther cartoons along with The Ant and The Aardvark, Blue Racer, Tijuana Toads, Hoot Cloot, The Dogfather, and Ratfink

• Walter Lantz cartoons (Woody Woodpecker, Andy Panda, Oswald the Rabbit, Chilly Willy, etc.)

• Columbia/Screen Gems cartoons (Scrappy, Krazy Kat, Color Rhapsodies, Phantasies, The Fox and The Crow, etc.)

• Ub Iwerks cartoons (Flip the Frog, Willie Whopper, and ComiColor Cartoons)

• Sailor Moon (anime) Seasons 1-5

• Cardcaptors (anime)

• Magical DoReMi (4Kids anime dub)

• Yu-Gi-Oh (4Kids anime dub series)

• Medabots (anime)

• Studio Ghibli films (They are supposed to be on Disney+ as well instead of Netflix)

• My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic

• Sesame Street

• The Muppet Show

• Fraggle Rock

• Garfield and Friends

• The Garfield Show

• Pokémon films

• Digimon films

• Sailor Moon films

• Non-Disney films (Fleischer, Dreamworks, Illumination Animation Studios, Sony Pictures Animation, Warner Animation Group, Universal, Touchstone, MGM, Warner Bros., Columbia Pictures, etc.)

• Old Toei Animation films (Panda and the Magic Serpent, Alakazam the Great, The Magic Boy, Gulliver's Travels Beyond the Moon, The Wonderful World of Puss in Boots, Adventures of Sinbad, Thumbelina, etc.)

• Old Toei Animation TV shows (SF Saiyuki Starzinger, Sally the Witch, Candy Candy, Honey Honey, etc.)
    Nippon Animation TV shows (Maya the Bee, Vicky the Viking, Heidi, Future Boy Conan, Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, etc.)

• Monster Rancher (anime)

• Beyblade (anime series)

• Butt Ugly Martians

• Angry Birds Toons

• Jim Henson shows (Dinosaurs, Bear in the Big Blue House, etc.)

and that's it i guess....

So believe or not, because i have written a list of things what are gonna be on Disney+, would it be a monopoly for Disney to purchase all things Non-Disney related, or would it be a gamble. Is it a good idea or a bad idea. Please send me some comments below and i will get back to them as soon as possible. Thank you.[minnie]
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-08T19:43:15Z
What is the point of this long list of a post, anyway?

Pretty sure Disney's always owned Dinosaurs, even prior to the Muppets buyout. 

HBO Max is getting the Ghibli films in the United States.

100% sure the Federal Trade Commission would cry foul if Disney tried purchasing this much stuff.
TheKingofCartoons
2020-05-08T19:46:20Z
Well, why can't disney purchase studio ghibli films for Disney+ instead of HBO max?
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-08T19:58:39Z
Again, what is the point of this discussion?

GKids already owns the rights to distribute Ghibli's films. 

Disney is sitting on tons of properties as it is. Why would you want them to acquire more?
TheKingofCartoons
2020-05-08T20:07:42Z
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

Again, what is the point of this discussion?

GKids already owns the rights to distribute Ghibli's films. 

Disney is sitting on tons of properties as it is. Why would you want them to acquire more?

Well, because we might wait and it depends if Disney would purchase other properties like Metro Goldwyn Mayer films for some reason. By the way, Max and Dave Fleischer were rivals of Walt Disney who produced Popeye and Betty Boop cartoons, but i wonder if they ever want to be on Disney+?

But would it be a monopoly for Disney to purchase Universal and Warner Bros as rival companies? Or is it just a gamble?

And also because I am a fan of animated stuff like Disney and Warner Bros., and maybe The Simpsons and Japanese anime like Pokémon and Digimon for some reason. That's why we would all want Disney to acquire more and even more properties from other companies with shows and films like Pokémon, and other japanese anime. Would Disney purchase Pokémon in the future?
Check out this video on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV7hc9dkEWk 
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-08T20:16:25Z
You want a gargantuan corporation to acquire more stuff from even more gargantuan corporations. These multimedia companies aren't sports teams.

Let's say Disney acquires this long list of properties that I didn't bother to read. Where does all that money they obtain go to?

Also, you're too late on the Disney/Pokemon front. Netflix's gotten the rights to air a new season.

Again, if you don't have a point to this thread beyond "I want Disney to acquire a ton of things because I think it'd be cool", I'm closing it. I'm tired of stans for massive hunking corporations, frankly.
TheKingofCartoons
2020-05-08T20:20:06Z
Oh i see, BUT hopefully in the future, maybe, just maybe, Disney could get their own hands on purchasing Pokémon anime from Netflix to be on Disney+ as well as other Japanese animes?

Would Japanese kid-friendly animes be bought by Disney in the future. they might look forward to them you know. And what Digimon digital monsters? They were recently shown on Toon Disney in the US. Would Digimon be on Disney+ if Disney would have bought Toei Animation?

Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

You want a gargantuan corporation to acquire more stuff from even more gargantuan corporations. These multimedia companies aren't sports teams.

Let's say Disney acquires this long list of properties that I didn't bother to read. Where does all that money they obtain go to?

Also, you're too late on the Disney/Pokemon front. Netflix's gotten the rights to air a new season.

Again, if you don't have a point to this thread beyond "I want Disney to acquire a ton of things because I think it'd be cool", I'm closing it. I'm tired of stans for massive hunking corporations, frankly.

Well, the point is that Disney company has a lot more money than Pokémon, and Nintendo. Besides, Disney has a lot of things to take over like theme parks, merchandise, and even cruise ships. But since 2019, they recently had about US$193.984 billion. did you know that?

And that's beside the point.

I have to say the pokemon company has about a million dollars to sell merchandise by trying to be the Disney of Japanese anime, whereas Toei Animation produced a lot of animes by making a very large amount of money like Disney.

Toei Animation is the Disney of Japanese Animation, but it would be the fact that Disney has a lot of money to make by making feature films and animated stuff.

But do you know if Disney would purchase Pokémon in the future? It would be cool if Disney was to make a live action film of Ash Ketchum and Pikachu based on the original Pokémon anime seasons, not to be confused with the Detective Pikachu film by Warner Bros.

But the important question is, Would Disney actually acquire other properties once a year in the future?
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-08T20:42:10Z
Stop with the multi-posting. I'm merging your three most recent posts together. Speaking of that, I have no idea what points you're trying to make. I can't even make out what your reasoning is for wanting Disney to own so much stuff.

I think I'm bowing out now. I'm tired of arguing with you on this topic.
Justin Delbert
2020-05-08T20:47:07Z
The days of Disney buying up properties are OVER.

Disney took a HUGE gamble with Fox, and they are losing money over it because they overbid.

Now they are in debt. Disney+ is not as big as they hoped, Star Wars fatigue save for the Mandelorian, and countless other problems is causing them to implode. 25% to 50% of their revenue comes from the parks. Well....you see what's happening in the world now causing the parks to close (Shanghai opening soon).
WaltWiz1901
2020-05-09T00:14:40Z
I'm on Emily and Justin's side on this one. As much as I like Disney, do I really think they should own every animated property under the sun?
TheKingofCartoons
2020-05-09T08:50:16Z
Originally Posted by: WaltWiz1901 

I'm on Emily and Justin's side on this one. As much as I like Disney, do I really think they should own every animated property under the sun?

Well it depends, because I know that Disney is short of money, but they really need to make even more money so that they can get their hands on purchasing other good stuff that would be really good like the Japanese animated series of both Pokémon and Digimon. But PopKornKat was right. Disney should never purchase Pokémon anime in the first place at least it's on Netflix you know.
Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead
2020-05-09T23:44:06Z

Linus the Lionhearted

Felix the Cat, the Joe Oriolo ones (he BE very Mickey Mouse like), ALL UNCUT and UNDUBBED,
not the dubs of those later ones (10,000 Dollar Vacation, Mechanical Felix) dubbed and in some cases edited as seen from international prints opn YouTube. We already have a lot in English and unedited (like The Magic Bag, Vavoom learns to fish), but those are not complete..and with the Jack Mercer-"What'll happen to FELIX"/Ann Bennett "Felix the Cat' cliffhanger tag; that's been absent for deaders now)

WaltWiz1901
2020-05-10T00:15:21Z
Originally Posted by: TheKingofCartoons 

I know that Disney is short of money, but they really need to make even more money so that they can get their hands on purchasing other good stuff that would be really good like the Japanese animated series of both Pokémon and Digimon.

I just don't get it. If Disney did purchase most (if not all) of the "other good stuff" you mentioned above, they would basically end up owning nearly every well-known animated property in existence, would they not?

Personally, I'd rather they spend whatever money they make on making their home video division much better than it currently is. There's a lot of stuff they've either, for the most part, treated poorly or refused to release (either in full or at all) that I'd love to see them revisit sometime (the classic shorts, the three remaining Disney Animated Canon films (and movies that were tinkered with too much when they were first released on Blu-ray), countless live-action films, the anthology series, The Mickey Mouse Club, Zorro, The Mouse Factory, most of Walt Disney Television's '80s-onward shows)...
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-10T00:50:45Z
Alright, I think this thread's on a non-stop trip to Pointlessville, so it's getting closed.

TheKingOfCartoons, please put more thought into your arguments in the future.

© 2020 - YetAnotherForum.NET