eutychus
2020-03-30T20:35:47Z
What are everyone's thoughts on putting a small logo in the lower left hand corner of our screenshots? I have a suspicion that our shots are getting stolen for other sites or Facebook and this would give me a way of seeing that. On the other hand, I don't want to destroy the artistic value of the screenshots.

Here's an example:

UserPostedImage

Thoughts?
kintutoons32
2020-03-30T22:38:59Z
I know how you feel, Patrick. I'm mixed about it too, though considering how often we've avoided doing that, I'd say no to it.
PopKorn Kat
2020-03-30T22:53:29Z
Not a fan of watermarking screenshots, personally. I'm concerned a watermark as large as that will be too distracting.
eutychus
2020-05-05T13:49:22Z
How about a system (like some other sites do it) where you could purchase a subscription for a very nominal fee (say, $1 a week) and get the screenshots without the watermark? Of course, any current researchers would be given a pass on this.

Just trying to field ideas (desperately) for increasing the revenue stream a bit so this site can start to pay for itself.

nickramer
2020-06-13T03:55:43Z
Have you thought of making the watermark smaller and non-color transparent? I think it would be less distracting.
PopKorn Kat
2020-06-13T04:39:55Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Have you thought of making the watermark smaller and non-color transparent? I think it would be less distracting.

Personally, I feel making such a watermark opaque would make it too distracting.

© 2020 - YetAnotherForum.NET