bodek610
2016-05-11T15:22:15Z
If Boomerang US will air "Now That Summer is Gone" with its Turner 1995 print, tell me, because I'm interesting how looks the 1995 print of this short (I know, that it has changed ending music track).

For someone, who are interested in Looney Tunes cartoons, I decided few months ago to upload some Looney Tunes shorts, which I found recently via TV Puls 2 and Boomerang Central and Eastern Europe (Polish TV channels) with Polish dubbing (but for US Viewers I synced them with English dubs ones). There are some shorts like: Don't Look Now, Dog Daze, Ghost Wanted, Fox Pop, Beauty and the Beast, and etc.. Here's the link for that channel in Dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/dm_504f660727e34/3 
Looney Turtles
2016-05-11T18:28:13Z
I just watched "Fiesta Fiasco" and "Hippydrome Tiger" on the DVR. It was just unbelievable seeing some Seven Arts shorts on TV again.

Also, another Speedy short is going to air on the 23rd, called "Here Today, Gone Tamale". I'll edit my schedule post to reflect this.
Feel free to check out my new Looney Tunes board here: http://s15.zetaboards.co...ooney_Tunes_Board/index/ 
wiley207
2016-05-11T19:30:30Z
Originally Posted by: Looney Turtles 

I just watched "Fiesta Fiasco" and "Hippydrome Tiger" on the DVR. It was just unbelievable seeing some Seven Arts shorts on TV again.

Yeah. And I think it makes sense; if they can air "What's New Scooby-Doo," then why not air the Looney Tunes shorts that are very similar to that show? [coolcat]
LuckyToon
2016-05-11T20:35:46Z
Speaking of this, why can't Boomerang do the same thing to the Tom & Jerry cartoons on Boomerang airings by adding in Tex Avery and Barney Bear cartoons to the program? And rename it "Tom & Jerry and Friends".
PorkyPigfan90
2016-05-11T23:15:40Z
By the way, it looks like the Looney Tunes are back on Cartoon Network. Does anyone know what cartoons they will be airing?
kazblox
2016-05-12T03:11:59Z
Originally Posted by: PorkyPigfan90 

By the way, it looks like the Looney Tunes are back on Cartoon Network. Does anyone know what cartoons they will be airing?

Possibly the same lineup as Boomerang, considering Turner runs both networks and they technically share access to the exact same digital content files.

By the way, I also found some odd Portuguese Looney Tunes airings from SBT and other channels on this channel: http://www.dailymotion.com/douglaspr34 

for example there's a hand-colored version of The Village Smithy. I don't see why they aired that one if they HAD access to the computer colorized one.
Blob55
2016-05-13T00:33:02Z

Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Five bucks says that "I Love to Singa" will air sometime in the next two months.

That made me think, I'll make a short list of shorts (that aren't available on DVD) I want to see on Boomerang again:

"Porky's Pastry Pirates"
"Porky's Cafe"
"Along Came Daffy"
"Catty Cornered"
"Piker's Peak"
"Bugsy and Mugsy"
"Backwoods Bunny"
"Wild About Hurry" (this one has aired on Boomerang before during 2014, but has since mysteriously disappeared from the channel)
"Goldimouse and the Three Cats" (Like "Wild About Hurry", this one has aired on Boomerang before during 2014, but has since mysteriously disappeared from the channel)
"Mexican Cat Dance"
"Road To Andalay"
"Cats and Bruises"
"Moby Duck"
"Run, Run, Sweet Road Runner"
"Daffy's Diner"
"Cool Cat"
"Hocus Pocus Pow Wow"
"Chimp and Zee"
"Rabbit Stew and Rabbits Too"

Maybe we'll be seeing at least one of these in the near future.

Are there any not on DVD/Blu-Ray airing on Boomerang at the moment?
Looney Turtles
2016-05-13T04:53:36Z
Originally Posted by: Blob55 

Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Five bucks says that "I Love to Singa" will air sometime in the next two months.

That made me think, I'll make a short list of shorts (that aren't available on DVD) I want to see on Boomerang again:

"Porky's Pastry Pirates"
"Porky's Cafe"
"Along Came Daffy"
"Catty Cornered"
"Piker's Peak"
"Bugsy and Mugsy"
"Backwoods Bunny"
"Wild About Hurry" (this one has aired on Boomerang before during 2014, but has since mysteriously disappeared from the channel)
"Goldimouse and the Three Cats" (Like "Wild About Hurry", this one has aired on Boomerang before during 2014, but has since mysteriously disappeared from the channel)
"Mexican Cat Dance"
"Road To Andalay"
"Cats and Bruises"
"Moby Duck"
"Run, Run, Sweet Road Runner"
"Daffy's Diner"
"Cool Cat"
"Hocus Pocus Pow Wow"
"Chimp and Zee"
"Rabbit Stew and Rabbits Too"

Maybe we'll be seeing at least one of these in the near future.

Are there any not on DVD/Blu-Ray airing on Boomerang at the moment?

Yes, there's quite a few shorts not on DVD or Blu-Ray that airs on Boomerang, in fact. Some of the recently added shorts are not on DVD or Blu-Ray either, such as "To Itch His Own", "Fiesta Fiasco", "Hippydrome Tiger"and "Rebel Without Claws".
Feel free to check out my new Looney Tunes board here: http://s15.zetaboards.co...ooney_Tunes_Board/index/ 
Toonatic
2016-05-13T06:25:12Z

Yes, there's quite a few shorts not on DVD or Blu-Ray that airs on Boomerang, in fact. Some of the recently added shorts are not on DVD or Blu-Ray either, such as "To Itch His Own", "Fiesta Fiasco", "Hippydrome Tiger"and "Rebel Without Claws".

See now that could be a great idea, release a DVD compilation containing the shorts airing on CN/Boomerang that have yet to be on DVD restored and remastered.
bodek610
2016-05-13T12:07:05Z
Sorry for offtopic, but according to the wishlist of LT shorts which would air on Boomerang US is mentioned "Goldimouse and Three Cats". I thought that "Goldimouse and Three Cats" had been released on DVD.
Toadette
2016-05-13T17:41:55Z
If anyone would like, I can watch Cartoon Network just to see which cartoons air, and revive the long dormant "Cartoon Network Looney Tunes Airings" thread. I took down the cartoons that aired today, and frankly it's just business as usual:

Bedevilled Rabbit
Show Biz Bugs (end gag uncensored, "This Version")
Bunny Hugged
No Parking Hare
What's Opera, Doc?
Apes of Wrath
Dr. Devil and Mr. Hare
Roman Legion-Hare

Didn't really watch them; I couldn't stand the bad VHS prints squashed down to wretched faux-widescreen (the only good way to watch "What's Opera, Doc?" outside of theaters is on Blu-ray), the lacklusterness of some of the cartoons, and the awful CN bumpers inbetween them shilling what usually airs on that network.
bodek610
2016-05-13T17:53:39Z
Originally Posted by: Toadette 

If anyone would like, I can watch Cartoon Network just to see which cartoons air, and revive the long dormant "Cartoon Network Looney Tunes Airings" thread. I took down the cartoons that aired today, and frankly it's just business as usual:

Bedevilled Rabbit
Bunny Hugged
No Parking Hare
What's Opera, Doc?
Apes of Wrath
Dr. Devil and Mr. Hare
Roman Legion-Hare

Didn't really watch them; I couldn't stand the bad VHS prints squashed down to wretched faux-widescreen (the only good way to watch "What's Opera, Doc?" outside of theaters is on Blu-ray), the lacklusterness of some of the cartoons, and the awful CN bumpers inbetween them shilling what usually airs on that network.

Lel, on TV Puls 2 (Poland) most pre-1948 shorts which I saw had been aired restored, f.e. "Birdy and the Beast", "Thugs with Dirty Mugs". The only shorts from post-1948 which I saw unrestored were: "Snow Businness", "The Astro-Duck", "Goo Goo Goliath", "Road to Tabasco" - due to the old prints which TV Puls / TV Puls 2 bought with old dubbing ordered in 1990's. Plus TV Puls 2 aired restored in its correct fullscreen aspect ratio "Design for Leaving" with Daffy and Elmer Fudd.
wiley207
2016-05-13T19:10:44Z

Bedevilled Rabbit
Bunny Hugged
No Parking Hare
What's Opera, Doc?
Apes of Wrath
Dr. Devil and Mr. Hare
Roman Legion-Hare

Yeah; especially at the beginning of the block or on top of the hour, about a minute into the cartoon starting there's an ugly promo on the bottom right for "Clarence."
I was pleased to see the uncut "Show Biz Bugs" again. The way CN switched to an unedited print of a cartoon with a "THIS VERSION" copyright disclaimer, reminds me of when they did the same thing with "Daffy's Inn Trouble," although the edited print they used to air was also in PAL, while the uncut "THIS VERSION" print is NTSC.
Looney Turtles
2016-05-14T00:06:32Z

Bedevilled Rabbit
Bunny Hugged
No Parking Hare
What's Opera, Doc?
Apes of Wrath
Dr. Devil and Mr. Hare
Roman Legion-Hare

For that matter, how about also reviving the "Boomerang Looney Tunes Airings" thread too? I've lurked this place long before I decided to join, so I remember those.
Cool_Cat
2016-05-14T15:00:18Z
When it says "This version" they're actually remastered prints made for VHS releases in the late 90s.
Looney Turtles
2016-05-15T10:42:46Z
Originally Posted by: Toonatic 

See now that could be a great idea, release a DVD compilation containing the shorts airing on CN/Boomerang that have yet to be on DVD restored and remastered.

I have a DVD recorder, so for now, I'm just recording these shorts to DVD. That's the next best thing until they get official DVD releases.

Also, I guess "To Itch His Own" airing isn't just a one time thing. It's going to air again on the 21st during the 1:30 AM feed. I wonder if the other recently added Looney Tunes shorts will follow suit too.
Mario500
2016-05-15T12:05:07Z

I have a DVD recorder, so for now, I'm just recording these shorts to DVD. That's the next best thing until they get official DVD releases.

Were you referring to re-writable DVDs for recording the cartoons?
Looney Turtles
2016-05-15T20:48:10Z
Originally Posted by: Mario500 

No, the DVDs I'm using to record these are not re-writable ones. Why?

Mario500
2016-05-16T09:52:23Z

Originally Posted by: Mario500 

No, the DVDs I'm using to record these are not re-writable ones. Why?

I asked because if you were to record a movie onto a re-writable DVD and decide to replace it later, you could have the same amount of space for recording the replacement.

PorkyPigfan90
2016-05-16T16:03:59Z
The good news, Red Headed Baby was in black and white. The bad news, it was the god awful redrawn version. Has the original black and white version ever been on TV?

© 2020 - YetAnotherForum.NET