Toadette
2016-05-16T16:46:45Z
Wait...so they just applied a black-and-white color filter over the redrawn-color version?
PorkyPigfan90
2016-05-16T17:09:54Z
Yes. Unfortunately it was the same version as the one on the Cimarron DVD.
Looney Turtles
2016-05-16T23:31:47Z
Originally Posted by: Mario500 

Originally Posted by: Looney Turtles 

Originally Posted by: Mario500 

Originally Posted by: Looney Turtles 

I have a DVD recorder, so for now, I'm just recording these shorts to DVD. That's the next best thing until they get official DVD releases.

Were you referring to re-writable DVDs for recording the cartoons?

No, the DVDs I'm using to record these are not re-writable ones. Why?

I asked because if you were to record a movie onto a re-writable DVD and decide to replace it later, you could have the same amount of space for recording the replacement.

Yeah, I know. I have some re-writable DVDs too. But I'm using the non-re-writable ones for this, since I don't plan to delete these recordings.

Originally Posted by: PorkyPigfan90 

The good news, Red Headed Baby was in black and white. The bad news, it was the god awful redrawn version. Has the original black and white version ever been on TV?

I was just surprised to see a 1930's short airing at all, especially a pre-Porky Pig one.
Feel free to check out my new Looney Tunes board here: http://s15.zetaboards.co...ooney_Tunes_Board/index/ 
Looney Turtles
2016-05-17T01:36:05Z
A new update: "The Chocolate Chase" is going to air on May 30th. So that's the third Speedy short added to the rotation now. Nice.

"To Itch His Own" also re-airs on May 21st, during the 1:30 AM EST feed. So, if any of you missed it the first time around, now you have another chance to see it.
Feel free to check out my new Looney Tunes board here: http://s15.zetaboards.co...ooney_Tunes_Board/index/ 
DVDLooney
2016-05-17T13:26:13Z
Originally Posted by: PorkyPigfan90 

The good news, Red Headed Baby was in black and white. The bad news, it was the god awful redrawn version. Has the original black and white version ever been on TV?

I'm honestly just thankful that Turner bothered airing "Red Headed Baby" at all, regardless, of how the cartoon looks. I'm not a person that settles for anything, but airing different WB cartoons from the 30's or 40's on Boomerang, whether they're colorized or edited, is better than nothing 🙂
OutOfOdor
2016-05-18T00:44:22Z
I distinctly remember seeing "Patient Porky" on CN at the 6:00 slot a few years back... It's actually good of CN and Boom to be airing different stuff on their LT blocks. I'm sick, sick, sick of seeing "Boston Quackie" for the 3,000th time on Boomerang!
"With all respect to the great mousetrap."- Popeye, "The Spinach Overture" (1935)
Toadette
2016-05-18T16:33:20Z
And it looks like Looney Tunes have been removed from CN's schedule again.
wiley207
2016-05-18T17:42:26Z
Originally Posted by: Toadette 

Unfortunately yes, along with classic Tom and Jerry!
But if I know Cartoon Network, it looks like this will just be for the summer, and that they'll return in September again... I hope.
DVDLooney
2016-05-18T17:49:46Z
Originally Posted by: Toadette 

In the words of Daffy Duck: "What a revoltin' development this is!"[daffy]
Oh well, at least there's Boomerang to fall back on for Looney Tunes.
wiley207
2016-05-18T23:32:21Z
Originally Posted by: DVDLooney 

But the problem with that is, only a small percentage of the American population gets Boomerang! So once again, Looney Tunes are mostly inaccessible to the general public outside of the Internet or those low-budget DVD releases.
Looney Turtles
2016-05-19T01:29:53Z
Nice. One of the shorts I posted in my wishlist here ("Chimp and Zee") is actually going to air on June 1st. "Dog Tales" will also be airing on that day. It'll be during the 11:45 AM EST feed like the rest.

Originally Posted by: wiley207 

But the problem with that is, only a small percentage of the American population gets Boomerang! So once again, Looney Tunes are mostly inaccessible to the general public outside of the Internet or those low-budget DVD releases.

I'm one of the small percentage that actually gets Boomerang in the US. So I've recording all these shorts to my DVR and then to DVD. But yeah, they should keep Looney Tunes on Cartoon Network as well, and bring some of the rare shorts they've been airing on Boomerang over there.
DVDLooney
2016-05-19T01:45:08Z

Yeah, certain cable providers decided to stop supporting Boomerang as a channel for the American population.
PopKorn Kat
2016-05-19T02:37:01Z
Sorry if people haven't gotten around to watching and/or transferring their recordings yet, but what's the quality of the cartoons on Boomerang like? Dubbed versions, stretched to widescreen, Golden Collection transfers, stuff like that. I've also only caught very brief glimpses of the LT on CN YEARS back and, like Toadette said, it was a murky stretched-to-widescreen transfer.
Cool_Cat
2016-05-19T02:44:11Z
On CN some are stretched while some are letterboxed. In any case you can fix the aspect ratio of your TV.

I do not live in the US but I saw some recordings.
Looney Turtles
2016-05-20T02:12:53Z
"Crockett Doodle-Doo" and "Quacker Tracker" are going to air on June 2nd, and "Gonzales Tamales" airs on June 3rd. Wow, this is like the 5th Speedy Gonzales short now.
wiley207
2016-06-01T02:39:08Z
I am sorry to say that Boomerang has removed all those new shorts from the schedule, and replaced them with ones from their regular rotation. A big disappointment, if you ask me. (I guess they didn't want people to know Warner Bros. Animation produced Looney Tunes cartoons similar to "What's New Scooby-Doo", or something.)
LuckyToon
2016-06-01T05:40:49Z

I am sorry to say that Boomerang has removed all those new shorts from the schedule, and replaced them with ones from their regular rotation. A big disappointment, if you ask me. (I guess they didn't want people to know Warner Bros. Animation produced Looney Tunes cartoons similar to "What's New Scooby-Doo", or something.)

Aw man, how I wish I was working for them already so I can fix this (even switching from PAL region prints, to NTSC prints). And to bring back the other MGM cartoons (mainly the Droopy, Barney Bear, and Tex Avery directed cartoons) for the Tom & Jerry program and renaming it "Tom & Jerry and Friends".
Looney Turtles
2016-06-08T09:20:05Z
Maybe they will re-appear on Boomerang once Looney Tunes returns to Cartoon Network again? It is a shame though. I was looking forward to new shorts being added for months to come and everything.
DVDLooney
2016-06-08T12:53:37Z
I agree. It's really disappointing 😞
Looney Turtles
2016-07-29T14:31:08Z
Great news everyone. Starting on August 1st at 7:30 AM, the rare Looney Tunes shorts appear to be returning to Boomerang, according to this: http://schedule.adultswi...=8/1/16&timeZone=EST 

Several rarely seen shorts will be airing that day, including "Along Came Daffy", "3-Ring Wing-Ding", "Ali Baba Bunny", "Aloha Hooey", "Ain't We Got Fun", "A-Haunting We Will Go" and "Along Flirtation Walk". Those make up for the majority of shorts airing that day. I would recommend you Looney Tunes fans who have Boomerang to set up your DVRs now.

© 2020 - YetAnotherForum.NET