Mister Bighead
2015-06-03T21:15:24Z
Remember the animated Disney film Tangled from around five years ago? Disney is currently developing a television series based on it. Read more on it here: http://blogs.indiewire.c...channel-in-2017-20150603 

Those who grew up in the '90s and/or 2000s should remember the shows based from animated Disney films, especially those based from whatever was popular at the time (such as Aladdin and Lilo and Stitch). It looks like Disney may be returning to that practice. To be honest, I would prefer if Disney made a television series based on Frozen rather than a full-fledged sequel. What would be awesome is if Disney made a Wreck-It Ralph television series. It looks like out of all Disney's recent films, they chose Tangled to make a television series out of. (Not that I dislike the film, it's just not my first choice of source material if I made a television series based from a Disney animated film.)
nickramer
2015-06-04T02:20:00Z
Is it going to be 2-D or are those just the model sheets? Plus, what about Rapunzel's hair? It was short and brunette at the end. How are they goanna explain that continuity?
Mister Bighead
2015-06-04T12:51:24Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Is it going to be 2-D or are those just the model sheets? Plus, what about Rapunzel's hair? It was short and brunette at the end. How are they goanna explain that continuity?

An artist at Disney Television Animation confirmed the show will be in 2-D. https://instagram.com/p/3eg4_6ICrd/ 

As far as continuity goes, perhaps the show could take place in-between the events of the movie.

--

EDIT: The Animation Scoops article (which I skimmed through rather than read) confirmed the show will take place in-between the movie and Tangled Ever After.
Toadette
2015-06-04T15:30:14Z
Originally Posted by: Mister Bighead 

As far as continuity goes, perhaps the show could take place in-between the events of the movie.

From the Scoop article:
Quote:

Set between the events of the feature film and the start of the 2012 short film, Tangled Ever After, the animated series unfolds as Rapunzel acquaints herself with her parents, her kingdom and the people of Corona.

So whoever made that teaser image has quite a bit of explaining to do. Either that, or the image is just a demonstration of what the show will look like (and it looks somewhat like a Golden Book—not that that's a bad thing in itself, really).
Mister Bighead
2015-06-04T15:47:00Z
^ Thanks for clarifying, Toadette. I didn't actually read the article; I just skimmed through it. That was my dumb mistake. 🤦
LuckyToon
2015-06-05T02:05:05Z
Originally Posted by: Mister Bighead 

I would prefer if Disney made a television series based on Frozen rather than a full-fledged sequel. What would be awesome is if Disney made a Wreck-It Ralph television series.

For me, I would like to see Disney Television Animation do an animated series featuring the 2 supporting characters from The Fox And The Hound "Dinky & Boomer".

It would be similar to the Timon & Pumbaa animated series where the characters go on different adventures around the world. That's something Disney should bring back for the concept, it make the cartoon funny that way.
Blob55
2015-06-06T20:58:48Z
So is this only going to run for one season like MvA? I hope so! The only Movies which should get TV shows associated with them WAY after they were released, should either be: based on Movies before TV show spin-offs were a thing, or funded by Netflix.
nickramer
2015-06-09T03:36:44Z
Originally Posted by: Blob55 

So is this only going to run for one season like MvA? I hope so! The only Movies which should get TV shows associated with them WAY after they were released, should either be: based on Movies before TV show spin-offs were a thing, or funded by Netflix.

Um......... what?:-s
Mister Bighead
2016-03-08T19:10:44Z
For those who are interested, here is more information about the voice cast of the Tangled television series as well as a new image:

http://www.rotoscopers.c...r-disney-channel-series/ 

Wow, we're receiving a lot of news about Disney Television Animation lately including this, the announcement of the Big Hero 6 series, the first image of the DuckTales reboot, and Wander Over Yonder Ending (http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/craig-mccracken-confirms-wander-over-yonder-finished-137583.html).

© 2020 - YetAnotherForum.NET