2019-07-20T17:41:42Z
Bugs model sheet:

UserPostedImage
Mac
  • Mac
  • Advanced Member
2019-07-21T18:23:36Z
Looks great! Cheers for posting!
Anyone seen any news on when and where we can expect to see some of the complete cartoons? (I can't wait!!)
nickramer
2019-07-28T03:46:31Z
I have to say that model sheet really captures Friz's early 40's version of Bugs.
Jonathan Wilson
2019-09-14T04:16:39Z
Shorts will debut next year on Warnermedia's new streaming service HBO-Max. Yay!:

http://www.animationscoo...g-theatrical-engagement/ 
ToonStar95
2020-04-21T16:48:04Z
Welp, HBO Max is launching May 27th, and they've released a trailer for Looney Tunes Cartoons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nalw1XRAiMI 

I'm hyped for these, but I'm not a fan of Sam's voice.
Mesterius
2020-04-21T20:24:30Z
Hmmm... the animation in the trailer actually looks a bit stiffer and more pose-to-pose (with signs of digital cut-out?) than the footage we've seen so far. Still looks nice though.
Mac
  • Mac
  • Advanced Member
2020-04-23T09:24:28Z
Yeah, I agree not all of this looks as fluid as the Dynamite Dance clip, but there's still bags and bags of talent on display here. I'm really excited to start to start watching these.

I wonder when and where I'll be able to view these in the UK? There's no plans for the HBO Max service to come to the UK and while most HBO shows are shown on a Sky TV Channel (like Sky One or Sky Atlantic) I fear that Looney Tunes cartoons will be viewed as too juvenile to air here. My best guess is they'll land on Boomerang at some point.
Mario500
2020-04-23T13:37:58Z
I did not like all of the voices in the video (indirectly) above this message, specifically the ones it appeared to have had for characters resembling the icons directly below this message while appearing to have had them appear to speak.
[bugs2] [sam] [tweety] [daffy] [porky]
Thad Komorowski
2020-04-23T16:03:04Z
Most of the cartoons are hybrid/puppety and not the fuller animation seen in "Wet Cement", "Dynamite Dance", "Curse of the Monkeybird", etc.
Leviathan
2020-04-23T20:17:12Z
Yet the show was promoted with those fully-animated clips. Practically a bait-and-switch.

I'm not impressed. This is shaping up to be a redux of Looney Tunes Show/Wabbit with nicer character designs.
Mesterius
2020-04-23T21:06:46Z
Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski 

Most of the cartoons are hybrid/puppety and not the fuller animation seen in "Wet Cement", "Dynamite Dance", "Curse of the Monkeybird", etc.

Yep... that's what I was fearing. 😞 Oh well, at least we get a few fully animated shorts then... but pretty disappointing considering the teasers and word-of-mouth so far.
SuperMuppet64
2020-04-23T23:08:09Z
Originally Posted by: Leviathan 

Yet the show was promoted with those fully-animated clips. Practically a bait-and-switch.

I'm not impressed. This is shaping up to be a redux of Looney Tunes Show/Wabbit with nicer character designs.

im interested, what would it take for people who comment things like these to be 100% satisfied with a looney tunes revival? very curious
Mesterius
2020-04-23T23:14:14Z
Originally Posted by: SuperMuppet64 

im interested, what would it take for people who comment things like these to be 100% satisfied with a looney tunes revival? very curious

The problem is that the teasers and press releases made it seem like all the new shorts would be fully animated on the level of "Dynamite Dance" and "Wet Cement". If Warner had been clear from the beginning about what the general animation quality of these new Tunes would be like, it would have been a different matter.
looneylife326
2020-04-24T01:42:51Z

THANK YOU YES
nickramer
2020-04-24T03:33:55Z

Probably if they had a chance of doing it THEIR way.
Mac
  • Mac
  • Advanced Member
2020-04-24T06:38:13Z
Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski 

Yep... that's what I was fearing. 😞 Oh well, at least we get a few fully animated shorts then... but pretty disappointing considering the teasers and word-of-mouth so far.

Ah, that's what I guessed after seeing the trailer. I suppose this explains how so much content has been produced, but, like Mesterius, I really thought they'd be full, traditional animation across the series after the early hype and clips and then waiting so long for the next trailer.
We've seen very, very little so far though, so I'm still excited to see more.
nickramer
2020-04-24T15:04:14Z
Any chance of Speedy being in one of these shorts or is he slightly unfairly considered off-limit?
Leviathan
2020-04-24T15:52:15Z
Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

The problem is that the teasers and press releases made it seem like all the new shorts would be fully animated on the level of "Dynamite Dance" and "Wet Cement". If Warner had been clear from the beginning about what the general animation quality of these new Tunes would be like, it would have been a different matter.

It was pretty damn misleading of them to use the fully-animated clips to hype the show if they were wholly unrepresentative of the cartoons' animation as a whole.

It's not even good puppet animation. It's like circa-2005 Flash.

Thad Komorowski
2020-04-24T17:47:26Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Any chance of Speedy being in one of these shorts or is he slightly unfairly considered off-limit?

Both Speedy and Pepe are on the no-no list, sadly.
Leviathan
2020-04-24T22:03:16Z
That makes even less sense because Speedy and Pepe were both in The Looney Tunes Show.

There doesn't seem to be an upside to any of this. Again, these just feels like webtoons with slightly nicer designs.

© 2020 - YetAnotherForum.NET