Slowly I Turn
2020-05-13T14:54:54Z
Anyone hear anything about the HB Jellystone show? I haven't seen anything about it since the original announcement. It was paired with the Looney Tunes announcement and I kind of thought the suggestion was it would premiere at the same time.
Mario500
2020-05-14T14:13:04Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Regarding Sam's new voice, according to Mark Eviner's recent live stream voice actors panel, It was Maurice Lamarche's recommendation to have Fred voice Sam as Mairice didn't want to do the rough voice anymore.


Who or what was this "Fred"?

nickramer
2020-05-14T15:52:00Z
Fred Tatasciore.
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-19T19:05:30Z
New short was released today: "Tunnel Vision"
https://www.youtube.com/...y0&feature=emb_title 

The gags are inspired, but - and I don't wanna come across as nitpicky - the animation seems..."floaty". It feels like we aren't sensing Wile E. Coyote's despair from being trapped in the tunnel. To be fair, I don't believe this was the fault of the animators, but rather the overseas studio that handled the in-betweening. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

I'm still very excited for these cartoons, but sharper timing would make these well-written jokes all the more impactful.
Thad Komorowski
2020-05-21T03:34:10Z
"Tunnel Vision" was animated (not inbetweened - these studios are doing the animation) at a Korean studio that was fired early in the production.
Lee B
  • Lee B
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-05-21T18:46:57Z
Just watched “Buzzard School” with Bugs and Beaky Buzzard.

Not hysterical, and at 7:27 felt a little long, perhaps due to the somewhat slow pacing.

Early gag with Bugs searching the desert to find a can of carrot juice buried in the sand seemed odd.
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-21T19:22:31Z
Review of the series is up on Slashfilm: https://www.slashfilm.com/hbo-max-new-looney-tunes-cartoons-review/ 

(Warning: I noticed one instance of "mild" profanity in the article)
Mesterius
2020-05-22T03:04:48Z
Originally Posted by: Lee B 

Just watched “Buzzard School” with Bugs and Beaky Buzzard.

Not hysterical, and at 7:27 felt a little long, perhaps due to the somewhat slow pacing.

Early gag with Bugs searching the desert to find a can of carrot juice buried in the sand seemed odd.



Uhhh... link? I can't find this one.
Mesterius
2020-05-22T04:00:48Z
Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski 

"Tunnel Vision" was animated (not inbetweened - these studios are doing the animation) at a Korean studio that was fired early in the production.



Maybe not so strange when looking at all the bizarre digital glitches in that short. I hope they do a corrected version.
Thad Komorowski
2020-05-22T05:40:40Z
The Youtube version is corrupted. There is a glitch free version on Twitter.
Jonathan Wilson
2020-05-23T19:04:53Z
Full episode: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CuJ1xMVqY0I 

According to Ryan Khatam, he did 25 shorts but a couple of them apparently were banned/ shelved due to heavy violence/gun usage.

https://mobile.twitter.c...atus/1259518477557100547 
Mesterius
2020-05-23T20:28:17Z
Originally Posted by: Jonathan Wilson 

Full episode: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CuJ1xMVqY0I 

According to Ryan Khatam, he did 25 shorts but a couple of them apparently were banned/ shelved due to heavy violence/gun usage.

https://mobile.twitter.c...atus/1259518477557100547 



Hmmm... this quote from Ryan probably explains why Elmer wasn't using his rifle in "Dynamite Dance", sadly:

Quote:

I'll have to wait until after they've all been released to talk about it. But in a nutshell, lots of guns and lots of violence gets your episode banned. It was supposed to be one of the most epic shorts, too. I put some of my hardest work into a storyboard nobody will ever see.



It does sound at least like the cartoons he's talking about were scrapped at the storyboard stage.
wiley207
2020-05-23T23:06:08Z
Quote:

I'll have to wait until after they've all been released to talk about it. But in a nutshell, lots of guns and lots of violence gets your episode banned. It was supposed to be one of the most epic shorts, too. I put some of my hardest work into a storyboard nobody will ever see.



That's lame. "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated" had similar use of guns and violence, even a character getting shot to death in one episode (offscreen, but still), and that was never banned! Yet its sister series "The Looney Tunes Show" wouldn't even allow Yosemite Sam to have a gun...

Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski 

"Tunnel Vision" was animated (not inbetweened - these studios are doing the animation) at a Korean studio that was fired early in the production.



Interesting; what Korean studio was it? I'd say it was Rough Draft, given how they only worked on the first season of "Wabbit"/"New Looney Tunes" and must have also been fired in favor of Snipple Animation. Or maybe it was Digital eMation or Lotto Animation, two of Warner's more favored Korean studios...
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-25T18:42:25Z
New clip released on IGN’s YouTube channel:
https://youtu.be/WOcfdqko0Zs 

Not a fan of Elmer’s voice, but the gags are solid. Getting used to Bauza’s Bugs.
tashlinfan44
2020-05-26T20:37:57Z
I’m getting used to Bauza’s Bugs as well....slowly, but surely. The animation here is still very Flash-like, but I still enjoyed it. Still not loving the music, though. Carl Johnson does all the music, right? Wasn’t he Richard Stone’s assistant back in the 90s? I think he had some association with Stone...
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-27T07:14:05Z
It's 12 AM PST, and ten episodes of the show have officially landed on HBO Max! Their official "titles" are simply numbers: "101", "102", etc.

As an aside, I feel that putting these episodes on Cartoon Network would help boost viewership. I know some of us think cable is going the way of the dodo, but $15 a month for a streaming service is a steep price, especially when most of us are already paying for at least one.
tashlinfan44
2020-05-27T13:45:58Z
So far, they all are as great as I imagined. On a side note, towards the beginning of 104’s first cartoon, “Pain in the Ice”, there’s kind of a dirty joke. Tweety says “I always have fun when Gwanny’s not awound” and we cut to a close up of Tweety raising his eyebrows up and down. Sheesh.....
nickramer
2020-05-27T16:11:13Z
Originally Posted by: tashlinfan44 

So far, they all are as great as I imagined. On a side note, towards the beginning of 104’s first cartoon, “Pain in the Ice”, there’s kind of a dirty joke. Tweety says “I always have fun when Gwanny’s not awound” and we cut to a close up of Tweety raising his eyebrows up and down. Sheesh.....



Eh, I'd image Clampett (Tweety's creator) doing something like that in one of his shorts. Besides, it wouldn't be much of a stretch like the suggested gag that was surprisingly left in "An Itch in Time" ("Gee, I better cut this out or I may get to like it! [quick panting]").
tashlinfan44
2020-05-27T16:16:00Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Originally Posted by: tashlinfan44 

So far, they all are as great as I imagined. On a side note, towards the beginning of 104’s first cartoon, “Pain in the Ice”, there’s kind of a dirty joke. Tweety says “I always have fun when Gwanny’s not awound” and we cut to a close up of Tweety raising his eyebrows up and down. Sheesh.....



Eh, I'd image Clampett (Tweety's creator) doing something like that in one of his shorts. Besides, it wouldn't be much of a stretch like the suggested gag that was surprisingly left in "An Itch in Time" ("Gee, I better cut this out or I may get to like it! [quick panting]").



No doubt that Clampett may have tried something like that, but I’m just surprised that multiple shorts were banned because of guns that don’t even kill these fictional characters while Tweety is able to talk about jerking off. Who’s censoring these things?
wiley207
2020-05-27T19:01:08Z
Originally Posted by: tashlinfan44 

So far, they all are as great as I imagined. On a side note, towards the beginning of 104’s first cartoon, “Pain in the Ice”, there’s kind of a dirty joke. Tweety says “I always have fun when Gwanny’s not awound” and we cut to a close up of Tweety raising his eyebrows up and down. Sheesh.....



Yeah, that sounds pretty "Animaniacs"-esque. Then again, I assume "Looney Tunes Cartoons" and the "Animaniacs" revival are sharing several of the same writers...

© 2020 - YetAnotherForum.NET