Leviathan
2020-07-11T02:31:53Z
So, this is going to be a thing. A virtual SDCC panel for Bugs Bunny's 80th anniversary. 

Quote:

TweetShare
Take a trip through eight decades of laughs and carrots when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) presents an all-encompassing look at one of the world's most beloved and recognizable stars. Join three of the current voices of Bugs Bunny--Billy West (Space Jam, Futurama, Doug), Jeff Bergman (Tiny Toon Adventures, Our Cartoon President), and Eric Bauza (Looney Tunes Cartoons, Muppet Babies)--alongside Looney Tunes Cartoons executive producer Pete Browngardt (Uncle Grandpa), movie historian, author and TV personality Leonard Maltin (Entertainment Tonight), animation historian and author Jerry Beck (Animation Scoop), and Warner Archive senior vice president George Feltenstein as they cover the gamut of Bugs' history from theatrical shorts to Saturday morning cartoons and the new HBO-MAX series. Actress Yvette Nicole Brown (Community, Avengers: Endgame, DC Super Hero Girls) will moderate the panel.

Since George Feltenstein is going to be at the panel, is this where they're going to announce whatever they have planned for the new Bugs restorations?
Mesterius
2020-07-11T04:02:53Z
Originally Posted by: Leviathan 

So, this is going to be a thing. A virtual SDCC panel for Bugs Bunny's 80th anniversary. 

Quote:

TweetShare
Take a trip through eight decades of laughs and carrots when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) presents an all-encompassing look at one of the world's most beloved and recognizable stars. Join three of the current voices of Bugs Bunny--Billy West (Space Jam, Futurama, Doug), Jeff Bergman (Tiny Toon Adventures, Our Cartoon President), and Eric Bauza (Looney Tunes Cartoons, Muppet Babies)--alongside Looney Tunes Cartoons executive producer Pete Browngardt (Uncle Grandpa), movie historian, author and TV personality Leonard Maltin (Entertainment Tonight), animation historian and author Jerry Beck (Animation Scoop), and Warner Archive senior vice president George Feltenstein as they cover the gamut of Bugs' history from theatrical shorts to Saturday morning cartoons and the new HBO-MAX series. Actress Yvette Nicole Brown (Community, Avengers: Endgame, DC Super Hero Girls) will moderate the panel.

Since George Feltenstein is going to be at the panel, is this where they're going to announce whatever they have planned for the new Bugs restorations?

We can always hope. If George is involved, maybe there's a chance of the restorations for the new Bugs Blu-ray (or whatever it is) being good.
DawnShadow
2020-07-16T22:07:14Z
Looks like it’s going to be an October release:
https://www.fnac.com/a14...lu-ray-Mel-Blanc-Blu-ray 

High price, hopefully due to a high disc count and not tons of limited edition physical “goodies”.
fulano7
2020-07-17T23:02:45Z
Originally Posted by: DawnShadow 

Looks like it’s going to be an October release:
https://www.fnac.com/a14...lu-ray-Mel-Blanc-Blu-ray 

High price, hopefully due to a high disc count and not tons of limited edition physical “goodies”.

I wasn't able to thank your post. Anyway...

My bet: a scattershot, non-chronological, multidisc release.

Contents:
- All Bugs shorts restored to date (including the 15 newly restored for HBO Max).
- Will not include the most un-PC ones like All This and Rabbit Stew, Nips the Nips, and may leave out some un-PC cartoons that have already been restored in LTGC.
I always come to TTTP in Exile in the hope of finding news about Warner announcing Tex Avery Collection.
tashlinfan44
2020-07-19T21:57:09Z
https://www.fnac.com/a14...-Zone-2#int=S:Suggestion |FA:DVD|3|14954230|BL3|L1

This looks like a DVD version of the BluRay? Could be wrong though/
Leviathan
2020-07-20T00:14:29Z
Not sure what the point of that is. WHV just put out a five-disc DVD set of repeats for Bugs Bunny's 80th.

Unless this is so much more substantial than that. I mean, if it's just going to be mostly repeats of already-restored shorts and a handful of new shorts, why go to the trouble?
Ian L.
2020-07-20T15:13:17Z
I took the plunge and got HBO Max this weekend. Obviously, my first stop was to watch the Looney Tunes shorts that haven't been released on DVD/Blu-ray yet. Good to have them in fine quality, especially Half Fare Hare, which wasn't even released on VHS. Here's hoping Hare-less Wolf is upcoming...
rtalbot7
2020-07-21T00:19:22Z
Looks like something good is coming, and it looks like a large and expensive set alright:
Bugs Bunny Blu-Ray Set
Justin Delbert
2020-07-21T12:27:57Z
Originally Posted by: tashlinfan44 

https://www.fnac.com/a14954230/Collection-Bugs-Bunny-s-DVD-Mel-Blanc-DVD-Zone-2#int=S:Suggestion|FA:DVD|3|14954230|BL3|L1

This looks like a DVD version of the BluRay? Could be wrong though/

I don't think so. I mean looking at the cover it looks like it could combine multiple DVD releases that came out already like Hare Extraordinaire, Stars of Space, Rabbits Run, and Easter Funnies. It also may be exclusive to that country as I recognize some of the clip art used in foreign DVDs.

There will be another batch of Looney Tunes coming in August to HBO Max. Here is hoping this Blu-ray turns out to be true.
speedy fast
2020-07-22T18:54:10Z

I am excited for the official announcement of the new Bugs Bunny release, though I'm sure most of it's stuff that's been remastered before (and only a handful of the shorts newly remastered for HBO Max are ones that I am truly fond of... I'd like another Rocky and Mugsy short or another Bugs and Coyote pairing, even a lesser one like Hare-Breadth Hurry, than some of those).

I don't think it's too likely, but I wonder what the chances are for a single-disc release with just the newly remastered shorts?
2020-07-22T20:02:54Z
https://www.warnermediag...comic-conhome-july-23-26 

Quote:

Plus, get in-depth information about WBHE’s release of the Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection, 60 specially remastered classic Bugs Bunny cartoons, some of which have never before been released, coming to Blu-ray™ in fall 2020...

So an expensive box of 60 cartoons with some new titles (perhaps just the 15 for HBO Max) and some double dips.

No thanks lol.
Thad Komorowski
2020-07-22T20:15:02Z
Beck sez at least 40 of these are new-to-disc titles.
2020-07-22T20:33:37Z
Pretty mysterious atm. 40 new cartoons plus everything previously released on DVD or BD would be darn close to the entire Bugs filmography, which some folks were speculating this release might be. But this new collection is only 60 cartoons?

Hopefully this is more clear tomorrow.
Thad Komorowski
2020-07-22T20:36:11Z
Of course, this could just be "40 new to Blu-Ray" cartoons, which I would honestly be OK with. Once you go HD you don't go back.
Leviathan
2020-07-22T22:32:11Z
That wouldnt be worth 100 bucks, since most of the shorts that would be new to Blu Ray are on Boomerang or HBO Max. And there's a lot more than 40 they could have included.
speedy fast
2020-07-23T03:17:32Z

I also wondered if some of the "new to Blu-ray" meant it was new to Blu-ray but not DVD.

If Warner Bros, remasters more shorts next year, I hope they remaster more with other characters.
rtalbot7
2020-07-23T20:42:19Z
Here it is!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CPC8LGK 

Packshot confirms these 40 shorts!

Elmer’s Candid Camera
A Wild Hare
Hold the Lion, Please
Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid
Super Rabbit
Jack-Wabbit and the Beanstalk
What’s Cookin’ Doc?
Bugs Bunny and the Three Bears
Hare Ribbin’
The Old Grey Hare
Baseball Bugs
Hair-Raising Hare
Racketeer Rabbit
Bugs Bunny Rides Again
Haredevil Hare
Hot Cross Bunny
Hare Splitter
Knights Must Fall
What’s Up Doc?
8 Ball Bunny

Rabbit of Seville
Rabbit Every Monday
The Fair-Haired Hare
Rabbit Fire
His Hare-Raising Tale
Hare Lift
Upswept Hare
Robot Rabbit
Captain Hareblower
No Parking Hare
Yankee Doodle Bugs
Lumber Jack Rabbit
Baby Buggy Bunny
Hare Brush
This is a Life?
Rabbitson Crusoe
Napoleon Bunny-Part
Half-Fare Hare
Piker’s Peak
What’s Opera Doc?

Bugs Bunny Packshot
Bugs Bunny Front Cover
Ian L.
2020-07-23T21:54:41Z
Most excited about Hare Brush and Piker's Peak, because I don't believe those are on HBO Max yet.
Lee B
2020-07-24T00:13:25Z
Here's the 80th Anniversary video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrePqUGU9B8 

They start discussing the Blu-ray at 17:30
speedy fast
2020-07-24T03:15:25Z

When I first saw the content list posted, I mistakenly thought that was the entire contents, and that there'd be 40 cartoons instead of 60. So to me it looked like it ended at What's Opera, Doc?, with no early-1960s cartoons included, looked like no Tasmanian Devil cartoons (so probably something after 1957), was disappointed that it appeared that the only Marvin the Martian short included is Haredevil Hare (maybe another will, and I know, all of them are on DVD/Blu-ray, but The Hasty Hare and Hare Way to the Stars are just as good - actually, better - than Haredevil Hare), and looked like the only Bugs and Daffy team-ups included were Rabbit Fire and This is a Life?

Is Wet Hare among the newly-remastered cartoons on HBO Max? I thought I heard that was the case but I can't remember now.

Today I realized that this will be the first Looney Tunes Blu-ray to contain double dips of shorts from previous Looney Tunes Blu-rays.

On The Bugs Bunny Video Guide's Facebook page, somebody listed all the known shorts and whether they are new to Blu-ray, and so far I counted 30 new to Blu-ray shorts (but will Blooper Bunny be part of the main program or will it be a bonus feature, and therefore not count among the 40 new-to-Blu-ray cartoons?).