eutychus
2020-06-04T18:08:09Z
If anyone here is trying to game our Google ads by clicking on ads that you're not really interested in, please stop. IO received a violation notice today and as a result, our ad account is being throttled back. If the account gets terminated, this site WILL go down altogether. You may think you're helping me, but you're not. If you are doing it, please just let me know and then please stop it. I just want to know who is doing it so I can see where all the extra clicks are coming from.
Zachary
2020-06-04T23:35:05Z
Are the ads even working properly? I normally browse with uBlock Origin enabled for security reasons, but just disabled it for intanibase.com (in case that is somehow involved with the problem) and the ads still aren't appearing even though it's no longer blocking anything. Tried removing my cookies for intanibase.com, but it still won't show the ads, although I now see the green panels where they would be when viewing the forum.* Also tried another browser (Firefox 52.9 ESR) in case it's a bug in my normal browser (unofficial Windows XP/Vista-compatible build of Pale Moon), but the ads aren't showing there either. Maybe this is another thing broken by the forum software update?

* I also afterward had to switch to the temporary forum site to post this because the login function on the main site is broken. I can get to the login page, but clicking "Forum Login" after entering my username and password does nothing. And clicking the "Login" button on the forum index just darkens the page without showing a dialog.
PopKorn Kat
2020-06-04T23:45:12Z
Yeah, I suspect this may be a side effect from the forum update. For what it's worth, I am checking this on Firefox 77.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

I have turned uBlock Origin off for this site; no ads. I have DuckDuckGo disabling trackers such as Google Analytics (this site uses it). I temporarily whitelisted the site just to see if that was somehow the issue. I still do not see any ads.
eutychus
2020-06-05T00:08:32Z
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

Yeah, I suspect this may be a side effect from the forum update. For what it's worth, I am checking this on Firefox 77.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

I have turned uBlock Origin off for this site; no ads. I have DuckDuckGo disabling trackers such as Google Analytics (this site uses it). I temporarily whitelisted the site just to see if that was somehow the issue. I still do not see any ads.

You won't see ads now. It's one of the perks of being a moderator or researcher.
Zachary
2020-06-05T00:29:19Z
That's a nice perk. But to be clear, removing my cookies for intanibase.com had the side effect of logging me out of the main site and forum. Again, no ads; only green panels where they should be are visible, and only when viewing the forum (the main site just has empty space where they should be). I do see the browser connecting to Google's ad servers.

© 2020 - YetAnotherForum.NET