eutychus
2020-06-08T20:18:39Z
So, as promised here's where we stand.

What happened in a nutshell is that the software geniuses that engineers the message board (and by extension the main engine that runs the website) decided to do things completely differently when they releases their latest update. Not to go into too much detail, but it made it completely unworkable with integrating the old website into the message board software. That's the reason we've seen so many errors lately.

On top of that they decided to abandon the version we'd been using that is written in the Visual Basic programming language and only offer it in c# from now on.

Where that leaves me is having to rewrite the entire website to conform to their new way of doing things. This is going to be a months long project. What is going to happen is that I am currently uploading a copy of the site to a temporary server and a copy of the new message board to another server. The two will work off the same database so you should still be able to post and update the database the way you always did. The only difference might be that logging out of one system may not log you out of the other since they would be using two different cookies. It's just something we'll have to love with for the time being until I can get this done. I'll try to do it as quickly as possible. If you would like to come along for the ride and help me test it as I rebuild it, please drop me a PM.

On top of all that I've talked about the issue we had with Google ads. I'm looking for an alternative now, but if I can't get the revenue back up to where it's paying for the site, I will probably have to ask for donations or subscriptions. I'll keep you posted.

I think that's it. Thank you once again for all the work that you guys put into the site. There are at least three things that I'll be adding as we start to rework things:

1: Hashtags
2: An updatable timeline of animation history
3: A news channel for the latest animation news.

So, keep your fingers crossed that this rework goes well and we can keep the site going. Any questions or comments, drop me a line.

Yours,

Patrick
eutychus
2020-06-09T20:25:31Z
Well, the transfer to the temporary site seems to have gone okay. For the time being, if you have us bookmarked as https://www.intanibase.com  please switch to http://www.intanibase.com . Thanks!
ToonStar95
2020-06-11T01:34:14Z
The timeline idea sounds great. I know I can contribute greatly to it.
eutychus
2020-06-12T17:02:10Z
Originally Posted by: ToonStar95 

The timeline idea sounds great. I know I can contribute greatly to it.

Okay, let's do it!

http://www.intanibase.co...d_timeline/timeline.aspx 

ToonStar95
2020-06-12T17:25:31Z
I can't post any entries. I keep getting an error message.
eutychus
2020-06-12T17:33:52Z

I can't post any entries. I keep getting an error message.

What error are you getting?
PopKorn Kat
2020-06-12T19:42:55Z
I can post entries just fine. I'm using the latest version of macOS Firefox.
ToonStar95
2020-06-12T19:52:19Z
I just posted something. I guess I can't put in italics, so I have to mention titles with quotation marks.
eutychus
2020-06-12T20:00:23Z

I just posted something. I guess I can't put in italics, so I have to mention titles with quotation marks.

It's probably best that you just leave the titles as they are right now. As we go through, I'll be adding hyperlinks so we can link back to the cartoon in question.
PopKorn Kat
2020-06-12T20:12:18Z
The ability to edit timeline titles to add new information should definitely be added.
nickramer
2020-06-13T03:45:55Z
The timeline is a great idea. However, I would like it to include just significant and noteworthy titles and events in animation. I don't want like "random" short was released. I would like the timeline to be something like the one in "50 Greatest Cartoons".
eutychus
2020-06-13T08:01:58Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

The timeline is a great idea. However, I would like it to include just significant and noteworthy titles and events in animation. I don't want like "random" short was released. I would like the timeline to be something like the one in "50 Greatest Cartoons".

Very much agreed. The only shorts that should me mentioned are those that have some sort of cultural or historical significance.

© 2020 - YetAnotherForum.NET