tashlinfan44
2020-07-29T14:48:34Z
Sorry that I haven’t been around in a while, folks. I’ve been busy with my Looney Tunes based Twitter account. Go check it out, at @clampettwannabe.

But anyways, I recently tweeted about THIS lost drawing from a lost scene in ‘The Big Snooze”. Let’s discuss it, shall we?

https://ibb.co/CWgZMgg 

This cartoon suffers from many cuts and jumps, which is most likely a combination of Art Davis not knowing what to do with the cartoon and censorship cuts. But where does this drawing come in?

Here’s where it gets tricky.......the cartoon has cuts EVERYWHERE! We can never be certain as to where this drawing comes in exactly. But, we can assume. So let’s analyze it, shall we?

Here’s where it gets tricky.......the cartoon has cuts EVERYWHERE! We can never be certain as to where this drawing comes in exactly. But, we can assume. So let’s analyze it, shall we?

IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
1) Elmer is in his hunting gear, therefore the scene that this drawing was created for was most likely towards the beginning or end of the cartoon, where Elmer isn’t dreaming.
2) Elmer’s making a frantic movement with his arms. Perhaps he’s falling?
3) Elmer’s saying something......but what?

Now that we know these 3 things, we can guess what this is all about.

Right in the last scene of the cartoon, there’s a cut right before Bugs says “I love dat man!”. Elmer seems to be falling in this drawing, & since we see that Elmer runs out into the air as if he were about to fall again, the drawing MAY have come into play right around here.

SC MacPeter on Twitter notes that Elmer’s standing up perfectly fine in the drawing. But he’s standing up perfectly fine when he’s falling here as well. So, this is pointless to point out. This still leaves us with a number of possibilities.

My thoughts? Well, the drawing clearly takes place in the beginning/end of the cartoon, where Elmer’s in his hunting gear. But I’ve got no clue what happened in this lost scene. It may be something about how Elmer’s happy to be back with Bugs, but I dunno. Thoughts?

© 2020 - YetAnotherForum.NET